How to Shoot With Both Eyes Open
Gunther Morehead
2023-05-27 23:46:15 UTC

Chris I am an ex naval eye tech. Completely understand about ocular
dominance. Ive trained my eyes to focus on one picture. I did this using a
pencil to focus on using the moving miles technique. The technique works
well. Thanks for the info.

A little insight from a former USN Gunner's Mate. The way I did this was
to start with the hardest eye dominance task I could think of, the 60
power big eyes (binoculars) mounted on the bridge wing of my boat. I put
my right eye on the left side of those big ass binos and focused and
unfocused until I dialed a clear image with both eyes open. I did this
whenever I had roving watch in port, partly to learn a new skill, partly
to scan the harbor, and mostly because I was bored. So if you own a scope,
spotting scope or some binoculars try using those as your practice for
obtaining a clear sight picture with both eyes open. Carry on the good
work.
pothead
2023-05-28 13:10:05 UTC
Post by Gunther Morehead
[...]